Shopping Cart Abandonment has the option to use a double opt-in within the marketing solution to ensure legislations and compliances are adhered to. This feature allows you to send a double opt-in email for potential guests who have not already explicitly consented to receiving marketing material from you.
First, you will set up a double opt-in campaign. Detailed information on setting up a double opt in campaign including setting up your double opt in landing page can be found here, or follow the basic instructions below.
Setting up a double opt-in campaign
- Create a new campaign and select double opt in as the campaign type.
- Include a button or text that clearly leads to your double opt in page.
- When you get to the Review page, use the drop down menu to select a contact list that has the double opt-in option enabled. If you don’t have a double opt-in contact list created already, you can click on “Save” and then exit so that you can create your Contact List.
Setting up a double opt-in contact list
The next step is to set up your double opt-in contact list. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your Contact List page (under Guest & Segments Tab) and select a contact list you want to use for your Double Opt-In contact list or create a new contact list from scratch.
- Click on "Actions" to display a menu. Click on "Enable Double Opt-In."
- In the pop up select your created double opt in campaign
Your contacts that are being ingested from your booking engine into the Shopping Cart Abandonment contact list will now be served a double-opt in campaign prior to being served the SCA campaign.