Revinate mobile notifications help make sure you don’t miss review notifications and your iPhone has several different ways of notifying you.
Sometimes, you’ll get a little banner that appears briefly at the top of the screen, while in other cases you may get a pop-up window that you must tap to move on. Then there are those little red dots with numbers that appear on the application icon.
Depending on your individual settings, your alerts may appear on your iPhone’s “lock” screen (that is, the screen with the clock, your wallpaper, and the “slide to unlock” control) and/or in the “Notification Center,” a summary of various notifications that you can pull down from the top of the screen like a window shade.
By default, when you install the Revinate mobile app, you will get a message asking you to accept push notifications. If accepted, you will automatically have notifications enabled in your iPhone settings and all you have to do is steps 1 and 2 below.
Here are the steps to manually enable Revinate notifications.
Step 1: Enable in the Revinate app by going to the filter (view) that you want to receive notifications for.
Step 2: Click on the “bell” icon located in the top-right corner of the screen to enable.
- Note: this will only apply to the reviews filter (view) you are currently in. For example, if you want to enable notifications on all negative reviews, then you should go to the menu and select he “negative” reviews option to get to the reviews stream and the notification icon.
Step 3: Notification settings
- Click on the iPhone settings icon
- Locate Notifications
- Select the Revinate application
Step 4: Choose if you would like to have Revinate alerts in your Notification Center.
- If notification center is turned on, then select how many items to show. The notification center provides a summary of all your notifications.
Step 5: Select the alert style that you would prefer:
- Banners - A slim notification pane that twirls into view along the top of the screen before disappearing a few seconds later.
- Alerts - A pop-up window that appears on your screen and displays the details of the notification. Must acknowledge by tapping the alert.
Step 6: Turn Off/On the Badge App Icon and Sounds
- The badge This is the little red dot with a number (signifying the number of waiting alerts) that sits on the corner of app icons. For example, if you see a red badge with a “4″ on it sitting on the Revinate app icon, you’ll know you have four new reviews.
Step 7: Decide whether or not you’d like to view the notification in Lock Screen.
- 'Viewing alerts in Lock Screen' allows you to check for messages and alerts on your iPhone without having to unlock it. Simply press the Home key to take a quick look.
To disable notifications, follow the same steps above but select the Disable or Off mode where needed.