Date Range and Scheduling
Once you are happy with the metrics, dimensions and filters you have selected, now you can choose the date range of the data that is collected, schedule the report and even customize the date-range.
- Select the date-range that the data will collect from. The options are:
- Last Week
- Last Month (default date range)
- Last Quarter
- Last Year
- By default, the “Schedule your report” will be turned off (indicated by a red ‘x’). If you would like to schedule the generation of the report you just created, click on the red “x” and turn it on (indicated by a green checkmark). Based on what you select in the date-range, the report will get generated and sent to you on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- If you would prefer a different date-range, you also have the option use the “Custom Date Range” drop-down menu to select other date ranges or even choose your own date range. [change to the new date-range picker]
Now, you can choose to include historical trend to your report by using the drop-down menu to select the Last Period or Year over Year.
For example, if you would now like to see the Response Coverage metrics for your properties in your group based on last month’s date range and you want to include historical trend, as well as schedule this report to be sent to you and your team each month:
- Select “Last Month” in the sliding date range drop-down menu.
- Then make sure to have the “Schedule your report” turned on (indicated by the green checkmark)
- Click on the box to include historical data for “Previous Period”
- Lastly, type in the names of those who should receive the report.
Lastly, select the names of those who should receive this report. As you start to type a name, all the users of have access to this data will appear for you to choose from. Note, only the names of those who are registered users of your account can receive custom reports. Should a name not appear, you will need to add them as a user first. To add users, go to Settings > Users > Add a New User.
Name the Report
Name the report by clicking on the “pencil” icon, located in the top left hand corner of the screen. Notice the report will automatically be named “New Report [date]”.
At the top right corner of the screen, click “Schedule and Exit” button to run the report and set it up to be delivered. Note - This option only appears if you turned ON Schedule report under the Date Range and Scheduling menu.
If you turned OFF Schedule report and wanted to run a one-time report on demand, then in the top right corner of the screen, you will see a “Run and Exit” button to run the report and you will receive the report in your email inbox.
To learn more about custom reports and how they can help you, see our article.