Permission: All users can create custom reports.
Custom Reports is a feature that exposes the power of the Revinate platform by allowing you to query and report on the specific data you need easily. With Custom Reports you can:
- Create reports that include data about reviews, replies, sentiment topics, competitors, sites, languages, etc.
- Access an easy-to-use Report Builder to see a sample report dynamically created in real-time
- Save reports and schedule automated delivery via email
- Select and compare date ranges
- Generate raw data in a CSV file that can be opened and formatted in Excel.
Create your Custom Report
1. Go to “Reports” and click on the “Reputation” option in the drop-down
2. Select “Custom Reports”
3. Click the "Create New Report" button in the upper-right-hand corner.
4. Click on “Metrics” to select the data you want to see in your report. Every metric selected will create a column. You can add a maximum of 200 report metrics (columns).
5. The metrics are organized by area. Click on the triangle to the left of the metric to expand each area. To select the metric you want, click a checkmark in the box. The data will start populating in the page's sample data section, so you will have a good idea of how your report will look. This is only a preview; the actual data will be available after you run the report and send it to your inbox.
6. Below is a list of additional options you can choose from in the “Add Columns” Section:
- Value- includes columns for every metric selected with the average score of your competitor.
- Index- includes columns with a comparison index for every metric selected. 100 means the same rating as your competitors, less than 100 means you are not doing as well as your competitors and more than 100 means you are doing better than your competitors.
- Goals- Includes goals defined for your property. To learn how to set up goals, click here.
- Decimal places- Select how many decimal places you would like your data to show.
7. In the “View by” section, you will choose a dimension for your report. These will be the rows of your report. This step is optional; if you don't specify a dimension, the report will show the information organized by date. You can view data in any of the following ways:
- Properties (corporate account only)
- Property Group (corporate account only)
- Review site
8. Click on “Filter Data” to select any type of data you would want to see in your report.
For example: To see only the number of reviews (review count) of your property, open the “Filter data” tab, click on “Review sites,” and un-click “surveys.” This way, the number of surveys will not be taken into account.
This step is optional; if you don't make any changes, your report will show all data available.
Delivering and Scheduling your report
1. Click “Data Range & Scheduling” to choose the period of your report. If you don't see what you need on the predefined options, select “Custom.”
2. You can choose if you want to run the report immediately or if you want to schedule the delivery. If you wish to receive this report daily, monthly, quarterly, or yearly, you can schedule it once and receive it automatically via email.
3. Select your delivery method. You can receive your report via email, FTP or SFTP.
4. Name the report by clicking on the “pencil” icon located at the top of the screen. Notice the report will automatically be named “New Report [date]”.
5. After selecting a delivery method, you will see the button 'Run & Exit' on the top-right corner of your screen.
Don't see the run and exit button? Double-check that you have selected a delivery method and specified who to send the report to. please do not hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com if you need further assistance.