Permission: Popularity Index Report is available for all Revinate users.
TripAdvisor's Popularity Index has become a critical measure of how well a hotel is doing against other hotels in the same geographical market. TripAdvisor has an algorithm that determines where a hotel ranks.
Among other factors, the algorithm takes into account the number of reviews a hotel receives, the freshness of the reviews and the quality of the reviews. Hotels that want to go up in rankings need to focus on receiving more reviews and increasing the star ratings given by guests. The Popularity Index Report helps you track your performance the main known factors used by the TripAdvisor's algorithm.
To access the Popularity Index Report, take the following steps:
1. Go to 'REPORTS' on the top of the page and click on 'REPUTATION'
2. Toggle over to 'TRENDS AND COMPARISONS'
3. Select 'POPULARITY INDEX'
4. The graphic shows how your position on the TripAdvisor ranking varied during the selected period of time. You can also see the same information in table form
5. Use filters to see information related to a different period of time.