The Net Promoter Score, or NPS®, is a multi-industry brand standard that identifies brand promoters and detractors. Every company can divide customers into 3 categories based on NPS:
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and referring others, fueling growth.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
By asking one simple question, "How likely would you recommend this hotel?" you can track these groups and get a clear measure of your hotel's performance through your guests' eyes. Guests respond on a 0-to-10 point rating scale. This question will appear in your Edit Survey mode as a Fixed Question in your survey.
To calculate your hotel’s NPS, take the percentage of guests who are Promoters and subtract the percentage who are Detractors.
- The simple or shorthand calculation for the NPS is:
- Percentage (%) of Promoters - Percentage (%) of Detractors
- The exact calculation is:
- Number (#) of Promoters - Number (#) of Detractors / Number (#) of Responses
This score appears automatically on your Overview Report, found under the Surveys tab.
Simply measuring your NPS does not lead to success. Hotels should use the feedback to drive improvements in customer loyalty and enable profitable growth.
Revinate will help your hotel to trend NPS performance over time and use the metric to clarify and simplify the job of delighting guests and help you engage with your best guests. Hotels can identify their Promoters, Passives, and Detractors, so they can act on customer feedback and achieve positive results.
You can track the Net Promoter Score (NPS) metrics in the following areas:
- Satisfaction Reports will display the NPS and allow you to compare this score across questions and time periods.
- The Survey Overview link under the Surveys icon will display the NPS score and score breakdown.
- Trend Analysis report located within the Dashboard tab will display the NPS trend. Select “Surveys NPS from the “Reports” drop-down menu to generate a report.
- Guest List under the “Surveys” icon will allow you to export guest emails identified as Promoters, Detractors, and Passives for a given time period.
To learn more see our webinar on the Net Promoter Score.