Permissions: These settings are available for Survey Administrators.
You can turn-on your Surveys Translations to deliver surveys in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Note: Before making any changes to your Surveys, we recommend you turn off any survey emails to avoid sending survey invitations before you finish the changes. Click here to learn more.
To set up your multilingual surveys, take the following steps:
1. On the 'Administration' menu, select 'Translation Settings'.
2. On the 'Translation Settings' screen, select the language you would like to translate to and click 'Add Language'
If you can see the language listed with a red box, click 'Turn on' to make it available for your surveys.
Once your languages are turned on, the next step will be to translate your surveys. The fixed questions in your survey will be translated automatically, you will need to provide translations for your messages and custom questions. This ensures your translations are worded exactly as you would like them.
3. To provide translations for your messages and custom questions, navigate back to Survey tab and click on Survey Editor.
4. From the drop-down menu that appears, select the language you would like to edit.
5. After you click on the language, a new window will open where you can edit the text for the translation of your greeting message and your confirmation message.
Once you have created your messaging in each of your preferred languages, you can move forward and begin creating your custom questions.
6. Scroll past the 'Fixed Questions' to 'Custom Questions'. You will see a 'Translate' drop-down menu, where you can select the language you are translating your survey to and start translating each question.
7. On the new window, you will see the original questions and the spaces to type the translation.
Once you have provided your translations, simply click 'Save' to activate the translation for your survey. After translating your survey questions, you can navigate back to Surveys >Email Settings to begin the translation of your email communications.
8. Upon navigating to your 'Email Settings', you will see 3 separate sections: 'Invitation', 'Reminder' and 'Thank You emails'. To the right of each type of email, click on 'Translate' and the language you would like to translate.
These three types of emails all share the same editing and translation process. First, you can customize the subject line of the email, then the body of the email.
Each part of the email has a text box where you can type your translation. Just as you would when composing email in your Email Center, use your Merge Tags to personalize the email towards the guest.
9. Once you have made your translations, enable the language in your Translation Settings by choosing the option to “Turn On” the translation.
The guests will receive the survey in his language, based on the country that is provided on the Guest List Upload.
10. Once you are finished with your Translations and enabled them, go through our Pre-Launch checklist and make sure all of your surveys are ready.