The Response Assistant includes:
If you're a Guest Feedback Administrator within Revinate you can load response templates into your account, which will assist your team in following brand guidelines in their responses.
- Organized within folders and by type of review - positive, neutral or negative.
- Easily accessible and personalized by you, and other users, as you prepare and submit responses to the reviews.
- Collaborative. When you assign a ticket to a team member, you can also recommend which template you would suggest that team member use.
The Response Assistant will guide you through the process of submitting management responses. The assistant will help you respond quickly to the right review, access recommended templates, and inform Revinate when you submit your responses so that we can now help you track which reviews have been responded to, even before the response is posted by the review site.
Real-time Coverage Tracking
As your team uses the Response Assistant, Revinate will help you to better track response coverage. With our Response Assistant, you can tell Revinate when you submit a response. You can track the status of your reviews (either replied to or not) by using the "Response" filter on the "All Reviews" page.
- "Not Responded to" refers to reviews which are needing to be actioned by the hotel team - these reviews have not yet been replied to.
- "Responded to" refers to reviews which have been replied to - but the responses may not yet be posted, or live, on the review site for all to see.
- "Response Posted" helps you identify and report on which reviews you've responded to AND they are live on the review site.
Responding to Reviews
To Respond to reviews using the Response Assistant, follow the steps outlined below and use our handy infographic to help you visualize the steps and process. Using Revinate to respond to your reviews allows you to keep track of which reviews were already responded to but not yet published and which reviews still need responses. Learn more here.:
Click on ‘Reputation’ and then 'Reviews' in the top menu bar and make sure ‘All Reviews’ is selected in the menu.
Locate the review you need to respond to. You can filter reviews to find them more quickly. Selecting "Not responded to" on the filter "Response" is best practice for finding reviews you still need to interact with.
Click the "Reply" button on the upper right-hand corner of the review you wish to respond to.
A new window will appear, this is the Response Assistant:
- On the left side of the window you will see the guest review.
- On the right side, you will see a box where you can type your response.
- You can choose to use a template or to be redirected to the review site
If your property has Response Templates, you will see them on the menu right above the response text box. When using a template, you can personalize your response editing the text in the response box. After your response has been written click COPY MY RESPONSE. If you do not want to write in the template box, you can select the NO THANKS TAKE ME TO THE REVIEW text below the Copy copy my response button
Launching the Review Site
You will then see a blue button to ‘launch’ the review site (for example, TripAdvisor).
Enter your email address and password for that review site and click "Sign In". For ease in your workflow have the passwords already saved on your computer using the 'remember my password' feature available on most devices.
Click here to learn how to claim your listing and get your login credentials to the review site. After signing in, you will be able to locate the review and paste your response.
Make sure you submit the response on the review site. Otherwise, your response will not be published.
Once you have responded on the review site, click the "Yes, I've submitted" button on the Revinate app to keep track of the reviews to which you have responded.
It usually takes a few days for a review site to publish your response online. Using Revinate to respond to your reviews allows you to keep track of which reviews were already responded to but not yet published and which reviews still need responses. Learn more here.
If you’re not ready to confirm that you’ve submitted a response, click on “No, I had a problem” and you will be given the option to Edit or View your response, Launch TripAdvisor again or Cancel All and start over.
Once you have submitted your response and confirmed it's a submission on Revinate's platform it will be tracked in Revinate's Responses Report.