Here at Revinate, we are paying close attention to the policies of each review site, and we will always make sure that we make it as easy as possible for you to respond to reviews. Management responses to online reviews are extremely important, although, not all review sites have realized this.
In order to use the reply function in Revinate, you will first need to claim and create your Business Owner Profile with each site. Once you have obtained your login credentials from the sites you can start responding to your reviews. For now, this is what the review sites allow. We wish it were as easy as filling out a form on Revinate, but that's just not possible today.
Link to the following article to learn more about how to claim your property
Note: Revinate can only capture and count public responses in your reports. Private responses cannot be captured and are not counted in the reports.
- Link to the following article for a step-by-step guide on how best to respond to a review.
- Link to instructions on responding to reviews using the Response Assistant.
- Link to the following article for a list of sites that allow review responses.
After you submit your response on a review site, don't forget to click on the 'confirm' button in the Response Assistant Toolbar. By doing this, you are informing Revinate that you have submitted a response so we can track it. This way, we will be able to track reviews you have 'responded to' ( not yet live) versus reviews that have 'responses posted' live on the site.
Example of review sites that allow management responses
- TripAdvisor: Allows public management responses. Next, to each review on Revinate you'll find the "Reply at TripAdvisor" link to respond to the review.
- Expedia & Hotels.com: Allows public management responses. To respond, hoteliers must log into Expedia Partner Central. You can access Expedia Partner Central (EPC)at https://expediapartnercentral.com
- Booking.com: Allows public management responses to reviews with text in the body of the review. Reviews with no text will not be enabled for replies. If you can reply to the Booking.com review, then the reply action will direct you to the Booking.com extranet where you can log in with your Booking.com partner credentials.
- Google: Allows for public management responses. The response is public and Revinate provides a link, "Reply at Google". Users will now be directed to the Google My Business portal: https://business.google.com/. When you are logged in, you will need to click on the Reviews tab, find the review and respond. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Facebook Reviews: Facebook Pages has a star rating system and reviews that customers share on your business Facebook page. You can like and comment on reviews on your Page. To comment on a review, tap "Comment", write your response, and tap "Post". For more information, please reference the Facebook help page: https://www.facebook.com/help/ipad-app/571285896316300
Note: Any Facebook user can write reviews and rate your business on your official Facebook page, regardless of having stayed at your property. Revinate captures Facebook reviews and lists them on your "All Reviews" page. Hoteliers can respond to reviews by liking or commenting under those reviews. Yet, unlike other channels, Facebook also allows other Facebook users to comment under any review. Since there is no effective way to identify which response come from the hotel, reviews posted on Facebook are not considered for your review response metrics.
- Open Table: OpenTable reviews now have a "Contact Author" link that restaurateurs can use to access their OpenTable management portal and contact the author directly. This is not a public response, but if the author leaves their email address, you can reach out privately to the author of the review.
- Orbitz: Allows hoteliers to reply publicly to a review through Expedia Partner Central. Revinate provides a "Reply at Expedia" link which will redirect you to the Suppliers Extranet page to login.
- Agoda: Allows for public management responses. Revinate is capturing responses on this channel as of June 1, 2017. Revinate provides a "Reply" link that will lead you to the URL https://ycs.agoda.com/. From here, you will need to have a verified login with Agoda to be able to reply. The site will request a verification code that is sent to the registered email. After logging in, a pop-up of all the properties you can potentially access to will appear.
- Rakuten: Allows for public management responses on the Japanese site. Revinate provides a link that will lead you to respond.
- Trivago: Allows for public management responses. Revinate provides a reply link and will capture the responses.
- HolidayCheck: Allows for public management responses on their site. Revinate provides a "Reply to review" link that will lead you to respond.
- Zoover: Allows public management responses. Revinate provides a "Reply at Zoover" link that will take you directly to the section to start responding.
- HRS: Allows for public management responses. Revinate provides a "Reply at HRS Portal" link and will capture the responses.
- Wotif: Allows hoteliers to reply publicly to a review through Expedia Partner Central. Revinate provides a "Reply at Expedia" link which will redirect you to the Suppliers Extranet page to login.
- LateRooms: Allows hoteliers to reply publicly to a review. Revinate provides a "Reply by Email" link which will allow you to submit your management response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the email, please provide the name of the reviewer, the booking reference number as well as the response you wish to display.
- Ctrip: Allows for public management responses. Revinate provides a "reply" link that will take you directly to the eBooking page to log in: https://ebooking.ctrip.com/hotel-supplier-ebookinglogin/EbookingLogin.aspx
- eLong: Allows for public management responses. Revinate provides a "Reply at eLong" link that will take existing users to the eLong Hotel. Management page: http://ebooking.elong.com/ebookingnew/newlogin.mvc/login
- Zomato: Allows for public management response. Revinate provides a "Reply at Zomato" link that will forward the user to their business page.
- Tophotels.ru: Allows for public management response. Revinate provides a command to "reply at Tophotels.ru" that will forward the user to their business log in page.
- HostelBookers: Allows for public management response. Revinate provides a "reply at HostelBookers" command that will forward the user to their business page.
- HostelWorld: Allows for public management response. If you need any additional assistance, you can reach their support line at email@example.com or telephone +353 (0) 1 5245800 9 am - 5:30 PM GMT (Irish Time).
- Qunar: Allows for public management response, but only for verified responses. You can also call Qunar at 400-600-7887 (English service: 10AM–7PM BJT) or email for general question and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find information on how to create an account on any of these review sites here. If you have any questions or feedback, contact us at any time at email@example.com