Revinate’s partnership with TripAdvisor allows your Revinate Surveys to be published to their public web forum. In an effort to ensure more security and authenticity in the reviews they receive, we aligned with TripAdvisor to use a specialized format for their survey, which your Surveys will reflect when you activate TripAdvisor publishing.
To activate your Trip Advisor publishing go to SURVEYS>Survey administration. Then click on the “PUBLISHING” tab. Select Trip Advisor from the dropdown menu and then click “SAVE”
When TripAdvisor publishing is activated, there will be two screens that the guest will navigate through to submit and confirm their feedback.
Screen one contains your custom questions. Because your custom questions will appear first, it is important to provide context for them. Use your “Topics” feature to identify the areas of your custom questions
- For instance, instead of just identifying the section as “Restaurant”, pose the topic as “Please answer some questions regarding our restaurant.”
Screen two contains the TripAdvisor Widget itself. This is the section where the guest can compose their review, identify the trip type they were on and provide some further rating insight into their stay.
- This is also the part of the survey where the guest “Certifies” that the review is their genuine opinion of the property and that they agree to the terms and conditions of submitting their review.
The survey invitation email will also display TripAdvisor branding.
The TripAdvisor widget also poses a few constraints that you should be aware of:
- Reviews must be greater than 200 characters.
- If you would like the review removed, please reach out directly to TripAdvisor to dispute the review.
- Lastly, it will take 48 hours for your review to be published to TripAdvisor after a guest submits their feedback. The review will appear in your review stream and on your TripAdvisor page once TripAdvisor has processed it.
Thank You Emails
TripAdvisor sends their own thank you email to a guest expressing appreciation for the submitted review. If the customer also has a Thank You email setup within their Revinate account, the Revinate thank you email will be triggered and sent based on the Overall Rating question from the TripAdvisor page of the survey.
Please note, if a guest only completes the first "internal" page of the survey and not the TA widget page and they have select "All" in the Thank you email settings, a Thank You email from Revinate would not be sent.