There are a total of eleven error conditions that are checked during the import process of your guest list. Syntax errors include:
- Invalid Checkout Date: indicates the checkout date was not formatted correctly. Check-in and check-out dates must be in numerical format. For instance, we accept "12-12-14" but not "12-Dec-14".
- Role based Email: indicates emails that appear to be “role-based” may not be accepted during import. These include email addresses such as, “info@”, “support@” “sales@”, “marketing@”, etc.
- Invalid Email: indicates emails that are not formatted correctly. For example, an email address is missing the “@” symbol.
- Already Members: indicates Revinate already has a matching record from a previous import. A record match is determined by comparing the email address and the stay dates.
- Future Checkin Date: indicates you’ve uploaded a future check-in date. The system will not accept check-in dates in the future.
- Stayed within the Specified Block Period: not imported because the guest stayed previously within a predetermined period and would have received a Survey already for that stay.
This is based on the period specified on the Delivery Schedule screen in Email Settings. If you indicate not to email Repeat Guests more often than once every ______ period, then guests who have already received a Survey within that period will produce this error message.
- Obsolete Stay: not imported because guest is already scheduled to receive a survey for a more recent stay.
- Duplicate Within List: not imported because an email appeared twice in the list.
- Ignore 90 Days: not imported because the guest’s stay is more than 90 days ago. Checks to see if the stay dates are within 90 days of the current date.
- Flipped Checkin Checkout: indicates the check in date comes after the check out date.
These errors are reported under the expandable title bar. By clicking the "x guests" link, you will see a lightbox showing the row number and email for each error. To fix the errors, please go back to your .csv file and correct the syntax errors in the source file. Once the errors are corrected, click on the “upload the file again” link here to upload again.
The system will only replace the corrected data when you upload again. If a record was already uploaded once successfully, the system will ignore that record so you can work with the same file and upload the records that previously had errors.
Once you have uploaded the file again with no errors, you will get a successful upload for all guest records indicating that your guest list upload is complete.