Revinate Marketing allows you to create different campaign types, some which may be new to you. We'll give you a brief explanation of the different campaign types and what they mean. Choosing the right one can mean better reporting later on.
Once you've started the process of creating a campaign, you'll need to select a 'Campaign Type' from the menu. Selecting the correct one will help you later on. Read below for campaign type descriptions.
Descriptions of Campaign types
There are two key email types: Transactional and One-Time Marketing campaigns
Transactional emails are ‘triggered’ by a change in the guest’s reservation. For example, a guest making a reservation could ‘trigger’ our system to send a confirmation email. A change to that reservation could trigger a modification email. Cancellation emails can be sent when a guest cancels their reservation. Click here to see how to create a transactional email.
When your email recipients chose to unsubscribe, they will have the option to unsubscribe to Marketing Emails. This means, even ‘unsubscribed’ recipients will receive transactional emails. Learn more about unsubscribes here.
One-Time Marketing emails are scheduled based on a date you set in the system. There are two types of ways to set these up. You can automate the send based on criteria you chose, like 300 days since a guest's last stay, if sending a ‘We Miss You’ campaign. You can also choose to send a one-time campaign, like a ‘seasonal offer’ for your guests.
Transactional (emailed 'triggered' by an event)
- Confirmation- campaign automatically sent after a reservation has been made.
- Modification- campaign automatically sent after a reservation has been changed.
- Cancellation- campaign automatically sent after a reservation has been canceled.
Pre-arrival / On-Property (emails 'triggered' based on a scheduled event)
- Pre-arrival- campaign automatically sent X number of days before the guest checks-in to build the relationship and drive incremental revenue.
- Welcome- campaign automatically sent after the guest checks in to the hotel.
Post-Stay (emails triggered based on a past stay or checkout date)
- *OTA Winback- campaign automatically sent to guests with a reservation through an OTA. Must be sent within 30 days post-check-out.
- We Miss You- campaign automatically sent to guests X number of days or within one year of the last stay to inspire a repeat visit.
*Note, not all OTAs forward your emails to the guest. Update guests' email upon arrival to target directly in the future.
Promotional / Informational (emails sent one time on the date and time selected)
- Rooms Offer- a One-time campaign to drive room revenue through packages, sales or other offers.
- Events & Announcements- One-time campaign to notify recipients of special event or announcement taking place on the property or in the area. Non-room revenue generating.
- Newsletter- One-time campaign to update recipients on hotel news, events, and special offers. Sent at a regular cadence.
- IP Warm-Up- Only to be used during the on-boarding phase by your implementation manager.
- Test- Only to be used during the on-boarding phase by you and your implementation manager.
- Other- Other campaign types not listed above.