Responding to reviews is tremendously important and valuable. In Revinate, underneath each review listed on your All Reviews report, you'll notice that you can take several actions that will include a response link, if applicable. Using the "channels" drop-down menu at the top of the page, select the "Channels Allowing Responses" filter to quickly filter on the reviews that you can respond to.
Revinate makes it as easy for you to respond, as the review sites allow. We provide the most direct, deep link possible to the review site response forms. Some review sites support deep, direct links to response forms, some sites only support a link to a general owner/management login page, and some sites do not support responses at all. Each review site has a different policy regarding management responses. Please, check out more information about this on which review sites allow responses.
Located on the right of each review are some action icons. Before you can use the "reply" action, you do need to obtain a login with the review site. This ensures that the appropriate person is replying on behalf of your hotel. If you don't currently have a management profile, you will have to set up an account to get your login, in order to respond to a review. Here are some steps to get you started.
If you don’t have a TripAdvisor account, you’ll be brought to the start page for the Owners Center on TripAdvisor. Select the “Hotel/Accommodation” or “Restaurant” link to start the account creation process. TIP: Go to Facebook before visiting TripAdvisor and log out of your account as TripAdvisor may automatically recognize it.
Enter your business name and city into the search field.
Once you’ve entered your business’s name, select the “Register my business” button and fill out the form.
Now you have a TripAdvisor account and it’s time to affiliate your account with your hotel or restaurant. From the Management Center homepage, click the “Register Now."
- When selecting “Register My Business” you’ll begin to go through a verification process to link your TripAdvisor account to your business account. Fill in the necessary information in the form below.
You will be required to verify your account using any one of 3 options: using your Facebook profile, providing Credit Card details or by sending TripAdvisor documentation via email or fax.
Need help with this process? TripAdvisor has an article to guide you here.
Once your TripAdvisor account is verified, to respond to a review go back to Revinate and click the "Reply at TripAdvisor" link under the "actions" button and log in using your TripAdvisor credentials. You will be taken directly to the response page for reviews. If you are responding to more than one review in one session, the system will remember your login until you log off.
- For reviews written in a foreign language, TripAdvisor allows owners to respond to reviews in any language that TripAdvisor supports. For the readers, they will have a Google translate button available to them whenever the language of the response doesn't match that of their domain.
Visit https://expediapartnercentral.com/ and login to your account using your email username and password. TIP: If you don’t know your login, ask your Revenue Manager or contact your Expedia Market Manager.
- If you do not have an account with Expedia, please go to the Partner Central New Account page and insert your email that is on file. If you do not have an email address on record, please contact your Market Manager.
Once you have your login, to respond to a review go back to Revinate and click the "Reply at Expedia" link under the "actions" button and log in using your Expedia credentials. This is the more efficient method of responding.
Under the Property Information tab, select “Guest Reviews."
You will then be directed to management response page where you will respond to the review of your choice, by selecting the required fields and creating your response.
- If you have a Booking.com login as a hotel partner, you can access their extranet here: https://admin.booking.com/hotel/hoteladmin/login.html
- If you are not currently a hotel partner, you can register as a new hotel partner on this page: https://join.booking.com/?lang=en-us&aid=304142;label=HeaderInf...
- For any further inquires about setting up your account, please contact your hotel support team at Booking.com using this link : http://www.booking.com/general.en-us.html?tmpl=docs/offices_worldwide.
For a step-by-step guide on How to Respond to Reviews click HERE. By using our Response Assistant, you are informing Revinate that you have submitted a response. We will be able to track the reviews that you have responded to versus the reviews where the response has been posted live on the site.
As review sites open up and make it easier for hotels to respond to reviews, we'll make sure that Revinate makes it as easy as possible to respond.
If you have suggestions, comments or feedback, leave a comment below or contact us at anytime.