Facebook Page Insights was created to provide Facebook Page owners some key metrics to better understand their demographics and gauge how effective their content is with followers and fans. Page owners can utilize the data provided to improve their business on Facebook and grasp an idea of who makes up their fanbase and the preferred content of their fans.
With Facebook Page Insights you have the opportunity to evaluate the performance of your Page, learn which content resonates with your audience, and optimize how you publish information.
Revinate uses the Facebook API to capture Page Insights data and displays the contents in clear and concise charts and tables. As a user of Revinate, all of this information is provided and located under the Facebook tab of your account.
Within the Facebook tab, there are four sub-tabs that break down various metrics of your Facebook page. These sub-tabs include Wall, Overview, Likes, and Page Views.
- A field to post an update to your Facebook page - type the content that you would like to post and click on the post button. (You can also use the "Post an Update" option to schedule posts under "Social" and "Scheduled Posts").
- Your posts will be shown here.
- You can also take action in each post, such as liking, commenting or deleting the post entirely.
- Sidebar of key metrics
- Number of fans (will show you percentage increase or decrease from the previous week)
- Page Impressions- The number of people who engage with your posts
- PTAT- The number of unique people who have created a story from your Page post. Stories are created when someone likes, comments on or shares your post; answers a question you posted; or responds to your event
- Weekly Reach- The number of unique people who have seen your posts
- Likes by Country/ Page Impressions by Country - shows you a pie chart with likes and impressions by country
The Overview tab provides a trend line measuring Total Reach as well as People Talking About This. Below the chart, Revinate displays a log of posts listed by post date as well as the following metrics:
- Reach- the number of unique people who have been exposed to your post.
- Engaged Users- the number of unique people who have clicked on your post.
- Talking About This- the number of unique people who have created a story from your page post. Stories are created when someone likes, comments, shares your post, answers a question, or responds to an event.
- Virality- The percentage of people who have created a story from your page post divided by the total number of unique people who have seen it.
Fans:The Fans tab on Revinate provides you with information about the people that like your page. The graph located at the top displays new fans gained and fans lost for any time period. This page in Revinate is a great tool to track any Facebook campaigns that prompt users and fans to like your Page.
- Trend line of Fans Gained over Fans Lost
- Bar Graph illustrating the Age and Gender of your fans.
- Fans by source illustrates where you are generating your likes. Likes can come from a a variety of resources such as your company website or your Facebook page.
Page Impressions:The Page Impressions tab allows you to see how many incidences in which your content is posted to an individual's news feed. Reach identifies the number people who have seen any content relevant to your Facebook Page including adds or sponsored stories. From this location you can also identify some key demographic information on the individuals seeing these page impressions. You can identify Page Impressions by age and gender. Below the main chart, you can see Page Impressions by Referrer, City, and Language. Page Impressions by referrer is integral in understanding where traffic to your Page originates from. For instance, in Revinate’s case, we promote our Facebook Page on our blog. Therefore, it is expected to see a fair amount of traffic generated from our blog. Take the time to strategize all the places where you can promote your Facebook presence and utilize this chart to confirm that your efforts to bring fans to your Page are effective.