Revinate's "Social Buzz" is a premium feature that makes it easy to promote the great feedback you discover through Revinate on your own website and Facebook page. It's a powerful yet intuitive content management system that will make your site even more compelling by integrating real feedback from your customers. If you have not yet signed up for Social Buzz, please contact us at email@example.com.
To Learn more about what Social Buzz is Read on below.
Social Buzz allows you to easily publish content that you discover within Revinate onto your own website or business Facebook page. It allows you to pick and choose reviews or survey results you want to share with your audience. In addition to selecting your 5-star reviews from different review sites, you can select amazing feedback that you receive on other social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and even your Revinate Surveys.
Before you begin using Social Buzz, you'll need to set up a "widget". A widget is a stand-alone application that can be embedded into third party sites by any user on a page where they have rights of authorship (e.g. a webpage, blog, or profile on a social media site). Widgets allow users to turn personal content into dynamic web apps that can be shared on websites where the code can be installed.
You'll first create a widget within Revinate and then you'll copy-and-paste a few lines of code into your own website. Then you're all set. While you are in Revinate, you’ll be able to select content that you can publish to your widget and it will immediately be posted to your site!
There is a limit of 5 widgets per account. Social Buzz widgets are more effective when displaying content from a broad source of sites. There's more impact to potential customers in seeing that your business is well regarded across a number of sites. This ability to display reviews and social media mentions from many sites is a key value driver, and differentiator, of our Social Buzz widgets.
Please note that you cannot select and publish TripAdvisor reviews using Revinate’s Social Buzz widget.
Setting Up Social Buzz
1. Create a widget:
- While logged into your Revinate account, click on 'Social Buzz' in the 'Social' tab located in the navigation menu. If you haven't signed up for Social Buzz yet, email us.
- Click "Create a New Widget" button.
- Fill out the form to create a widget. Within the "Options" Check list you can set your display parameters including the option to allow excerpts to link back to source content (the review site where the excerpt was written) as well as your summary of reviews at the top of the widget.
2. Set up the Social Buzz widget on your site:
- Dimensions of the widget have a minimum width of 430 pixels.
3. Set up the Social Buzz widget on your Facebook page:
- It's easy to also add a Social Buzz widget to your Facebook Page.
- First you'll need to add your Facebook Page ID to your widget at Revinate. You can add your Facebook Page ID when creating or editing widgets.
- Then you can click here to add our Social Buzz application to your Page on Facebook
- Note: you will need to be logged into Facebook as a Page administrator.
- In the future, you can access that link to Facebook by clicking "Get Code" for any of your widgets on Revinate.
4. Browse and select the content that you want to publish:
- Now that your widget is created, you’re ready to start browsing the content in Revinate that you want to publish to your new widget.
- To select content, browse through Revinate for the content you want to publish. You can select content from the following areas:
- All Reviews
- Social Media
- Once you have found the content you want to publish, select the "Publish to Social Buzz" action icon, located under the review, social media mention or Survey post within Revinate.
5) Publish the content to the Social Buzz widget:
Once you have identified the content you want to publish and clicked on the “Publish to Social Buzz” link, you now have to complete the form provided
- Select the widget you want to publish to from the drop down
- Use the cursor to highlight the text you want to publish. Keep in mind there is a 300 character limit
- Preview the selected text
- Click the “Publish to Social Buzz” button
You can have up to 10 items of content published to each widget at a given time. If you publish more than 10 items, the oldest content will no longer display. The newest content will publish to the top of the widget.
Managing Your Social Buzz Widgets
Once you've set up your widgets, managing them is quite easy. The Social Buzz page link in the navigation bar under "Social") will list all of your widgets.
From this page you have a number of options for each widget:
- View Stats - Revinate will keep track of your widget page views (overall, and last 30 days).
- Manage Content - This link will take you to a list of content that you have published to your widget. From this list, you can edit or remove each published excerpt.
- Edit Widget - This option allows you to edit the widget name, domain, and options. Note, that you do not need to make any changes to your site after you edit widgets.
Customizing Your Widgets
Social Buzz widgets are designed to be fully integrated into your own site, complementing your site's "look and feel." The default style and design of widgets should integrate very well with most site designs. Widgets also offer a number of additional customization options to make sure that your site style is matched.
Each widget has a few options you can set from directly within Revinate. These options include the widget Title and Subtitle, along with an option to toggle the display of review author names and location.
Deleting Your Widgets
If you ever need to delete a widget, go to the Social Buzz page by clicking on the Social Buzz link in the navigation. Click the "Edit" link located to the right side of the widget that you want to remove. Within the edit window, click the "Delete This Widget" link at the bottom left side.