The Database Insights feature is available to Revinate Pro Marketing accounts.
Database Insights provides you reporting on the health of your guest database in Revinate that has been imported from your Property Management System (PMS). These statistics only include guests with stays and do not include any data that has been uploaded via contact lists. With Database Insights you will be able to Identify areas for data collection improvement, get an accurate picture of how clean and reachable your database actually is, and make informed marketing decisions by getting a clear understanding of how and when your guests book.
You can access it by clicking on Reports > Database Insights tab in your Revinate Marketing Account.
*Please note that the metrics refresh once a week and reporting will not necessarily match any similar reports you might be able to pull from your PMS. Revinate does not always pull your complete history and there could be differences between how Revinate and your PMS merges and deduplicates your reservations.
On the Database Insights main page you will see:
- Profiles data
- Total number of profiles (regardless of data capture quality)
- Total number of profiles with values in the email address
- Total number of profiles without any value in the email address
- The overall Email Health score
- Coverage = % of profiles with something in the email field
- Health = This is the number of profiles with unique, valid emails that did not hard bounce divided by the total number of profiles. Subscription status is not taken into consideration
- The Data Coverage chart (where you can see Email, City, Country, Phone, and Company).
- The Geolocation data, displaying the hotels Top 5 Feeder-Markets (you can view by City, Country, or State).
- The Booking Channels and Reservations data (including the number of nights, LOS, Lead Time, and the number of stays).
When you are looking at Data Coverage, you can see the email coverage percentages (profiles with emails, including invalid ones, divided by the total number of profiles, City, Country, Phone, and Company coverage. These percentages are calculated by looking at data in your PMS fields and dividing them by the total profiles you have in your PMS. Each of these data points is clickable and can be drilled into further to see the quality of the data and look for trends to help you with your email marketing strategy.
When looking at Top Locations, you can see the hotel's top feeder markets and easily toggle to see the hotel's geolocation data in terms of top Cities, top States, and top Countries.
Each of these data points can be drilled into further to see the quality of the data and look for trends.
When looking at Booking Channels, you can see the top 6 channels where your reservations are coming from. This allows you to see your guests preferred method of reserving rooms, it could be via the OTA’s, the GDS’s, Brand.com, Call-in, etc. This gives you some insight into what channels to target when sending campaigns for guests to book direct (thereby cutting out that hefty OTA fee).
When looking at Reservations data, you gain insight into the number of nights, length of stay, lead time, and the number of stays in your PMS. This gives you a good picture of your actualized reservation data. Look at the number of nights to see how many nights your guests are booking, look at lead time to see how many days prior to arrival your guests book the property, check length of stay to see how long guests are on property and compare that to your competitive set, or check the number of stays the loyalty of your guests. Use this information to build LOS offers and exclusive deals for loyal guests with targeted email campaigns.
Definition of values:
- Nights: This shows how many people have stayed a total number of 1 night, 2 nights, 3 nights, 0 nights (across all stays).
- Stays: How many people have a total of 1 stay, 2 stays, 3 stays, 0 stays
- Length: Length of stay is the consecutive number of nights
- For Nights/Stays/Length, only the top 5 values are shown
- These three can be measures of loyalty
- Lead Time: How many stays were booked 0-7 days in advance of check-in; 8-30 days; 31-60 days; 61-90 days; 90+ days
To drill down into each section of the dashboard and have access to additional data points, navigate to the Overview drop-down menu in the top left hand of the page. You can access additional fields by clicking on the arrow next to “Overview”. If you click in on one of your top statistics results you can look at each category in deeper detail.
Data points include:
- VIP Status
- First Name
- Last Name
Email Health Section
Isolating the top section of the page.
Looking only at the email section, you can see your email health score, the total number of Profiles you have in your PMS, and your email coverage. In the bar chart to the left, you can see the number of valid, invalid, and missing emails in your PMS.
In the data section you can see top email addresses, by count, and channels they booked through. This is important information so you can monitor your team's data collection practices.
- Example: If you notice that one of your sales managers email address is showing up here, it could be that your operations team in entering it for group bookings, this is not a best practice, in this case, the email should be left blank. You can also analyze your top domains which are important for making sure your emails render well for your top mailbox providers. Top Domain data is also useful to track top Corporate accounts (negotiated or otherwise) .
If you drill down into Booking Channel, you can see the breakdown of channel production with some additional columns, see the statistics of your channels in terms of average lead time, the average length of stay, average daily rate, and the number of profiles.
Note that you can export this data to PDF or CSV as needed for your own reporting purposes.
Database Insights for Groups
If you are part of a group of properties, get a roll-up of your email coverage and health across your entire portfolio. You can also click into any of your properties to be taken to their individual Insights reports.
The Group level aggregates across all properties:
- Total profiles across all properties
- Total profiles with and without emails across all properties
- Average Email Health across all properties - this is the total valid emails across all props divided by the total number of profiles.
The first column under Statistics shows # of rooms to help you get a sense of larger vs. smaller hotels
At the group level, you can compare properties on:
- Total emails
- Email coverage percentage
- Email Health percentage
- Total number of profiles
Note that you may export this table to CSV.