Your Guest Database is comprised of guest data from your property management system and contact list that have been uploaded into Revinate. Each guest will have a detailed guest profile. At the Group or property level, you will see a roll-up of all profiles from your properties. As a hotelier, you can look at a guest profile and easily know information about the guest and quickly assess the value of the guest from a VIP/ Loyalty perspective.
To access your GUEST PROFILES navigate to your guest database page from the GUESTS & SEGMENTS SECTION of the top navigation bar.
In your database, the same name, email, or confirmation number may appear on multiple properties. Profiles are created based on unique combinations of first name, last name, and email address. You may see multiple profiles listed with the same email address but if other components differ, such as first or last name a separate profile will generate.
You will see a column showing ‘PROPERTY’ so that you can easily tell which property the guest has stayed in or will stay in or have made a reservation but canceled. If the profile for a guest appears in multiple properties, it will show “Multiple Properties” in the properties field. If you click into the profile, you can see the specific properties that they have a reservation for.
Selecting a guest name will take you to the guest’s detailed profile. The group-level guest profiles will have the guest’s personal information on the left-hand side and in featured areas, you can see the roll-up of:
- Lifetime stays
- Lifetime total number of nights
- Lifetime amount spent at all properties in the currency set for the group account
- The number of days since the guest’s last stay at any property. If there’s no previous valid/non-canceled reservation, this will show as “_”.
- “Last Stay” is calculated based on the current date minus the last check out date of valid reservation in the past.
*Note: lifetime stays, the total number of nights and guest amount spent includes future non-canceled reservations.
Under the guest name on the left-hand side is the guest personal details and subscription status. These may be edited in the section labeled “Profile” of the rich guest profile.
The body of the guest profile has more detailed information on your guest.
The profile page will be the first section displayed and open when viewing a guest profile. Below are the different sections within the “profile” section and what they mean.
Sections in the Profile section of the Rich Guest Profile
- This is the personal data of your guest, with information such as title, first and last name, preferred language, phone number, and address.
- This is the information about your guest’s email subscription status with your group/brand. Status indicates if they are double opted in, have implicit or explicit subscription status and if they are a member of any VIP clubs or memberships and if they have any badges that you have attached to their profile.
- Email and subscription status can be edited by admin users by selecting the pencil icon next to the item. The user can decide to update the email address on the group profile or any associated property-level profiles.
- Contact list
- If the guest email has been uploaded onto the Revinate Marketing platform via contact list you will be able to see any and all contact lists they are a part of and the list names.
- This consists of the date of the first stay within the group, total valid stays, total canceled stays, the total number of nights spent, and total lifetime monetary amount spent.
- Next stay
- If the guest has a future stay booked you will be able to see the details of that stay here.
- If there are any notes in your PMS these will be added here.
In the “STAYS” section you will be able to see any past or future stay data.
Future or upcoming reservations will be listed prominently and first in the stays area. This includes check-in and check-out dates, the number of guests and type (adult & child), room type and code, average rate per night, confirmation code, any upsells purchased and property name of guest stay.
All past stays will be listed under ALL STAYS.
The ALL STAYS section will show:
- Check-in dates
- Number of nights for the stay
- The average rate per night
- Property name of the stay
- If they filled out a Revinate post stay survey (Yes/No)
- Room type
- Reservation number
- Confirmed upsells for the stay
** Note: Canceled stays will display a ‘cancelled’ badge
The preferences section is linked to your guest preferences survey. For information on guest preferences see our help desk article HERE. The guest preferences questionnaire and segmentation based on guest preferences responses are part of the Marketing Pro package.
If the guest preferences questionnaire is not set up or the guest has never filled out the questionnaire no data will be displayed here. A message will display when there is no data based on which scenario is true: (a) you do not have the questionnaire set up (b) the guest has not submitted answers OR (c) you do not have the feature available as part of your package.
For customers using Revinate Surveys, the guest responses to any and all surveys they have completed will be available in the rich guest profile.
Next to each survey will show the NPS score: Passive, Detractor, or Promoter. This is based on the question “How likely are you to recommend us?” If the answer is 1 to 6, the profile will show Detractor; If the answer is 7 or 8, it will show Passive; If the answer is 9 or 10, it will show as Promoter. If there’s no response to the question, no badge will be shown.
Each survey will display the date the survey was posted/submitted as well as the property it was filled out for. You can select the survey date you wish to review and the survey will open as a drop-down option. The Surveys will not show questions where the guest didn’t respond to the question.
The engagement section will show any and all campaigns the guest has possibly interacted with. These will be sorted by date sent. The campaign name is hyperlinked to the actual campaign so that you can review it in more detail and check the overall campaign stats as needed.
The engagement status indicates the campaign delivery with status like delivered, opened, clicked, queued, bounce among others.
At the group level, there is an additional column which specifies the property that sent the campaigns the guest has engaged with.
Note that the “EXPORT” button will export all the data we know about the guest to csv. This is for GDPR right of access and has more information than is shown on the detailed guest profile page. You will receive an email with a link to the csv file. These files will auto delete after 7 days and a user can no longer download it from that link.
USING YOUR GROUP RICH GUEST PROFILES
The group rich guest profiles allow you to create segments in the group account and verify that specific profiles will meet the criteria of the segment. When you create a segment and look at its details you will be able to view all individual guests that fall within a segment. This view will also show the property or multiple properties that guest is associated with if they fall in a segment.
At the group/brand account level you can unsubscribe a list of emails from all group and property accounts. For unsubscribing a single profile, go to the guest’s profile page and edit the subscription status there. Note that this is available only to users with administrative level permissions.
At the bottom of the “Guest Database” page, there is an UNSUBSCRIBE button. By selecting this you will be able to add all email addresses that should be unsubscribed and select whether to unsubscribe them from just the Group-level campaigns or from all property campaigns as well.
A modal will pop up where you can specify if you are unsubscribing the individual email address or multiple emails from group or property campaigns. See image below.
**Please note, guests that are unsubscribed will still receive transactional emails as these are informational emails and not marketing or sales related.
Guest profiles allow you to edit a guest email from uploaded contact lists at the group level. When a guest email address is updated at the group level all profiles associated with the guest will be updated as well.