Editing surveys is available only for survey administrators. Learn more about permissions in our help desk article: Guest Feedback User Permissions.
Conditional questions help you get additional information about a topic without creating a long survey. A conditional question appears only when a guest provides a specific answer to a previous question.
Example: if a guest responds to the question "Have you visited our spa?" and responds "Yes," you might want to ask them to rate the experience with the spa. But you don't need this question for guests that responded "No." In this case, the conditional question would be your rating question.
To create conditional questions, go to the Survey Editor and take the following steps:
1. Create the trigger question. This is a regular question that will appear to all guests.
- Click here to see how to create a question.
2. Create the conditional question, click and drag the button 'DRAG TO ADD QUESTION' to the same topic where the 'trigger question' is.
3. On the “ADD QUESTION” screen, choose “ADD NEW QUESTION,” enter the information about your questions, and click “ADD TO SURVEY.”
4. To Convert the question you just created to conditional, locate and click the link “Edit” at the right side of the question.
5. In the Question type section change to “Conditional question,” then select the trigger question, and the answers that will trigger the question' and click “SAVE.”
6. You can now preview your survey.
PLEASE NOTE: you can set up a maximum of two conditional questions in a row. You cannot add a third or more conditional questions if you already have two that trigger in sequence.