Contact Lists in Revinate have the ability to function as a Double Opt-in (DOI) Contact List. Email addresses that get added to these lists can import as unsubscribed and automatically receive a DOI campaign asking them to confirm their subscription in order to receive your hotel’s promotional emails. When they click to confirm their subscription in their email, they will be marked as Double Opt-in for their subscription status and then be redirected to your Double Opt-in Landing Page.
A benefit of this program is having confidence in the quality of your email list. Email addresses that have followed this flow are confirmed to be not only valid email addresses but are people who WANT to receive emails from you.
Use the following link for step-by-step instructions on Setting up Double Opt-In for Contact Lists.
Is this is a requirement of GDPR?
It is not a requirement, but it is a best practice for all hotels. Utilizing Double Opt-in Contact Lists for your website signups will help ensure a quality list with only confirmed and valid email addresses. You can expect to see higher engagement on campaigns sent to Double Opt-in profiles, as they have already indicated that they want to receive your emails.
How do I create the email for the Double Opt-In Contact List?
DOI emails can be created using the normal Revinate Marketing Composer. The flow is slightly different in that there is no segment or schedule to choose from. You can nominate which list you want to pair with the DOI email. You can create an email from scratch, or you can use a saved template.
Can I have more than one DOI Contact List?
Yes, Any existing Contact List can be turned into a DOI Contact List, or you can create from scratch. You can have more than one DOI Contact List
- This allows you to create separate campaigns for different languages, or different methods of collecting contacts - create one for your business card drop at conferences and another for those signing up through a form on your website!
- If you turn DOI on for an existing Contact List, it will only apply to future imports
What happens to guests who don’t open or click on confirm in their DOI triggered email?
Any email addresses that get added to this list will be initially flagged as unsubscribed unless they already have a profile. They will not receive any promotional emails until they confirm their subscription in the DOI email.
- The Double Opt-in (Contact List) email is recurring and can only be associated with a Contact List
- This needs to be set up prior to turning a Contact List on to DOI
Is this only for website signups or can I still upload csv files?
Users can be added to the DOI contact list by either manual .csv uploads or by the hotel’s website form via API.
Click here for instructions on setting up an API for your newsletter signups
Click here for instructions on uploading contact lists
Important things to know
- One Double Opt-in (Contact List) campaign can be associated with multiple Contact Lists, however, a Contact List can only have one Double Opt-in (Contact List) campaign
- We won’t send a DOI email to a profile who is already DOI