Permissions: Only administrators can translate data fields.
Data mappings allow you to use more descriptive names for fields such as Rate Codes or Room Types. For example, if a new rate code was added to your PMS and ingested to Revinate Marketing (i.e. - BAR), you can update the translation for your ‘BAR’ rate by locating the Data field ‘rate code’ and updating the translation. Note that there is a 30 character count limit in any translations entered.
Use the fields imported from your PMS to create more targeted segments and to increase the personalization of your campaigns.
MAPPING EXISTING DATA FIELDS
To map new names to your codes, take the following steps:
1. To locate this section, click on the user icon located on the top right section of the navigation bar. From the dropdown options click on 'Settings'
2. In this 'Settings' screen, under Account click on 'Data Field Mappings'.
You will now have access to the "Data Field Mappings" section.
3. On the 'Data Field Mappings' tab, you will see a list of fields imported from your PMS. To the right of each PMS field, you may see a yellow ! icon. If you hover over that icon, you can see how many values still need to be translated.
4. Click on the yellow triangle icon to add the missing translation for your data fields. Type in the value and then click save at the bottom of the pop-up window. Note that there is a 30 character count limit in any translations entered.
CREATE NEW MAPPING
You can also add new values from the Data Field Mappings page. Click the "Create New Mapping(s)" button.
From the pop-up window that opens, select the value you wish to add. You will have two options on how to add in the values.
1. Upload a csv mapping file. The csv must include two columns: "original_value, translated_value" and no header row. Note that if the original value has already existed, it will be updated. Click "SAVE".
2. Input the mapping manually by simply entering in the original value and the translated value then click "SAVE". Note that there is a 30 character count limit in any translations entered.