Merge tags are placeholders that will be replaced by each guest's specific information. For example: When writing an email, you can add the merge tag [GUEST LAST NAME] and this placeholder will be replaced by the last name of each guest who receives your email. Personalization can improve the chances of a guest receiving and opening up your email.
You can use merge tags in subject lines or the body text of your emails. Before you start, make sure the information the merge tag will replace is in already in your PMS and in Revinate Marketing. You can check this by looking at a guest’s profile in the ‘Guests Segments’ > ‘Guest Database’ section to see if we import this information.
To add merge tags to an email, take the following steps:
1. When creating a campaign, on the step 'Design', locate the tag icon on the right-side of the 'Email Subject' field.
2. Hover over the merge tag icon to see a list of merge tags available to you.
3. Select the Merge tag you wish to use and it will appear in the ‘Email Subject’ field.
1. Choose a text module and click on the place where you would like to insert a merge tag.
2. A menu will appear, where you can find the merge tags icon.
3. Scroll down and click on the merge you would like to add.
4. You will see the name of the merge tag between square brackets. The merge tags will be replaced with the specific information pertaining to each guest.
Once you send out an email with merge tags, the email should appear with the merge tag fields filled out. It should include the information you chose such as the [CHECKIN DATE] of the guest.
Revinate also offers merge tag "fallback text" for some merge tags which allows for personalized merge tags, so your merge tags generate some content even if the guest profile doesn’t have the data. This is available for:
- GUEST FIRST NAME
- GUEST LAST NAME
- GUEST FULL NAME
- GUEST TITLE
You will see that merge tags to be added will populate as [GUEST FIRST NAME,fallback=] for example. After the = sign, you can write in what you would like to appear as an alternative to the guest personal information.
Dear [GUEST FIRST NAME, fallback=Valued Guest]!
If the guest profile has a first name, then their first name will populate. If the guest name is ‘John’ it will say “Dear John” in the email to the guest. If the profile does not have a first name, it will say “Dear Valued Guest”.
Here is a list of possible Merge tags available:
* Please note not all merge tags may be available depending on your PMS data. This is not an exhaustive list.
[GUEST FIRST NAME]
[GUEST LAST NAME]
[LENGTH OF STAY]
[CALL TO ACTION LINK]
[ROOM REVENUE WITH OTHER]
[ROOM REVENUE WITH TAX]
[ROOM REVENUE WITH OTHER AND TAX]
[BOOKING CURRENCY CODE]
[SUBSCRIBE ALL URL]
[SUBSCRIBE ALL LINK]
[UNSUBSCRIBE ALL URL]
[UNSUBSCRIBE ALL LINK]
[MANAGE PREFERENCES URL]
[MANAGE PREFERENCES LINK]
[ROOM TYPE CODE]
[DISPATCH DATE FULL]
[DISPATCH DATE LONG]
[DISPATCH DATE SHORT]
[DISPATCH DAY IN WEEK]
[ROOM TYPE DESCRIPTION]
[RATE CODE DESCRIPTION]
[VIEW IN BROWSER LINK]
[DATE OF BIRTH]
[CALC. TOTAL ROOM REVENUE WITH TAXES AND FEES]
[AMENITIES AND SERVICES LIST]
[CALC. TOTAL REVENUE]