Update: On July 8th, 2019, Revinate updated the Survey email address to send from @inguest.com. This update will impact all customer’s who have previously whitelisted the old domain (@revinate.com) through the Expedia hotel portal.
Expedia has rolled out unique "Expedia" email addresses for guests who book on their channels. What this means is that rather than sharing the guests' email address with a property (as they have done in the past), they have a "masked" email address specific to that guest. Emails go through the Expedia platform and need to be verified in order to be delivered to the guest.
If an email is sent to one of these "Expedia" email addresses from a sender that hasn't been verified on their portal by the hotel, it will not be delivered. It's important that hotels go through a new authentication process to verify email addresses that messages may come from.
Within your Expedia account, under Message Center Settings, there is a new section to authorize email addresses associated with your hotel sends.
Steps to complete verification:
1. The first email from a non-whitelisted email is not sent to the guest, though accepted by Expedia mail servers. An email will be sent to the hotel with a reminder to whitelist the sender email address.
2. A property admin who has access to the Expedia partner portal can then go to the message center to enable the email addresses.
3. The Expedia hotel admin will then need to verify via email the code that was sent & should then receive a "success" message afterwards.
The sender email address(s) you need to verify will differ based on whether the emails being sent are related to Revinate Surveys or Revinate Marketing emails.
- For Revinate Surveys, please whitelist the email <email@example.com>
- For Revinate Marketing, log into your Revinate Marketing account, then click Account Settings > Email Settings. Make sure to whitelist all of the "from" email addresses listed on this page.