The Revinate Marketing platform allows for Amenity Upsells and Room Upgrades. After a marketing Campaign containing a link to your property Upsells landing page has been sent out, customer requests for amenity add-ons and room upgrades will begin to come in.
Our data shows an average of 12% conversion rates for Pre Arrival emails and over 11% conversion rates for Confirmation emails.
Upsells are assigned to a specific group email address that you may be a part of. If you have been added as an authorized user of the property’s Revinate Account and your email address is added as a person authorized to process and handle incoming Upsells requests you will be able to access the following features.
For training on handling incoming upsell requests see our video tutorial here: Handling Upsells Requests
Your Dashboard which is your main landing page when you log into the Revinate application will notify you of any pending Upsells requests.
You will also receive an email alerting you when a upsells request has come in. When accessing the platform there will be a red dot next to the UPSELLS tab notifying that there are pending requests.
In the Revinate app navigate to the UPSELLS tab at the top of the page. This will open two options within UPSELLS: UPSELLS REQUESTS, and UPSELL SETTINGS. For amenity and room upgrade handling you will navigate and click on the UPSELL REQUESTS button. This will take you to the upsell requests page.
The UPSELL REQUESTS page allows you to search for a guest by name or confirmation code.
All requests contain the following information:
- Confirmation Code
- Guest Name
- Links to Guest Profile and will open in a new page
- Number of Upsells Items Requested
- Guest Check-in Date
- Date Upsell was Requested
- Status of Upsell Requests
- Will show the number of upsells and how many are pending
- Review (Action item)
- Arrow icon opens request in the pop-up box
- Guest pending requests are displayed and searchable also by On-property and Future Guests or by guests that have Checked Out.
- The upsells request page also displays Completed Requests. These can be viewed and edited by selecting the arrow under the Review column. This allows you to go back to a request and inform a guest if their selection becomes available at a later date then when the original request was processed.
Handling Upsell Requests
Review your list on incoming and pending upsell requests.
For each incoming request, you will be able to see the requesting guest’s profile by selecting their name. This will take you to the guests profile where you can review their upcoming reservation as well as past stays and other identifying information you may find relevant.
On the right-hand side under the Review column, each request will have a blue arrow. By selecting the blue arrow you will generate a pop-up box, this is your upsells request management assistant.
Upsells Management Assistant
The upsells request assistant will show the Guest Name, Confirmation Code, Stay Dates and Upsells Request Date for easy reference. Here you will be able to see and edit the Email Subject line and Message as drafted by your property’s marketing platform administrator as well as the requested upsell items.
Your upsells administrator will have created a confirmation email which you can edit as needed in the pop-up box of your upsells review page.
During the process of requesting an amenity upsell or room upgrade your guest will receive two types of emails.
- The first is an automatic email recapping their selections
- The second is your response once the request is processed.
It is this second type of email that you will be editing and sending to your guests.
The requested upsell items will be listed along with their cost and details on if it is a per night or per stay charge.
Approval or Denial
Before confirming an amenities request always double check your inventory to confirm availability. Simply select a thumbs up to approve an upsell or thumbs down to mark the item as unavailable. Until a selection is made the items and the requests will stay marked as pending.
Once you have made the selections and edited your upsells notification email select the blue SEND TO GUEST button.
- The revenue for any approved upsells, room upgrades or amenities will be attributed to their corresponding campaign. Any denied requests or requests that were unavailable will not.
- Revinate does not charge the guest for the approved amenities. It should be a part of your workflow management to also make certain that you are going into your PMS and processing the appropriate charges.
The request will now move to the Completed Requests Section. Once all pending requests have been processed the UPSELLS tab at the top of the page will no longer show the red pending requests dot.