Revinate Marketing offers Email Verification to optimize deliverability. With email verification, invalid email addresses will be 'unsubscribed' and added to our global suppression list.
Question: Why is a profile's status unsubscribed?
Answer: A profile's status may be marked as unsubscribed for many reasons:
- They opted out of a mailing by clicking the unsubscribe link in a campaign
- Their email has bounced after they were sent a campaign
- Or they are listed in Revinate’s Global Suppression List
How Global Suppression Lists Work: We will automatically check all email addresses to validate if they should be marketed to. This includes email addresses coming from Property Management System bookings, as well as those uploaded by Contact List.
On a Contact List page, a message saying that all emails will be verified and potentially unsubscribed is shown.
After uploading a Contact List, you are able to see if any emails have been unsubscribed by viewing the Subscription Status column. This will display the current subscription status of the profile.
Unsubscribe: If an address has been suppressed, that email address will no longer receive marketing campaigns. Confirmation, modification, and cancelation emails will continue to be sent.
Question: What is a bounce?
Answer: Bounce codes are automatic messages sent from a mail system to inform the sender of a deliverability problem.
There are two types of bounces - soft and hard bounces.
- A soft bounce can occur when an email is sent to an active email address but is turned away. This problem is temporary so we will attempt to send this message at another time.
- A hard bounce is a permanent failure. This may be the result of an address close or an invalid domain. Hard bounces are automatically unsubscribed and added to a suppression list.
Global Suppression List: Revinate's Global Suppression List is made up of the following types of mailing addresses:
- Role Accounts. These addresses can commonly represent a group of people within a company or an entire organization itself. These addresses are designed for a specific function in mind and are only intended to receive messages relating to that function.
- Bad Domains. These are known domains that are considered ‘bad’ and/or have explicitly asked for a global exclusion from all promotional related emails.
- Traps and Danger Addresses. These addresses are known screamers who can cause harm to an email program that commonly pursue anti-spam actions.
The purpose of using this list is the following:
- Better Deliverability. Revinate suppresses dangerous domains and email addresses, which commonly cause major deliverability issues. We help customers avoid deliverability pitfalls that are commonplace in today’s email space.
- Fewer Spam Trap Hits. Suppressing all common role addresses and known trap domains, our customers get the benefit of knowing that we have their back when it comes to protecting them from some of the most common traps.
- Complaint Reduction. Suppressing known ‘screamers’ within the space ensures the elimination of addresses that account for the majority of complaints.
Revinate will unsubscribe email addresses added to the Global Suppression List from an individual property as well as any group account that a property is associated with.
For more information regarding Revinate's Global Suppression List, please feel free to reach out to our Deliverability Team at email@example.com.