Contact Lists in Revinate have the ability to function as a Double Opt-in (DOI) Contact List. Email addresses that get added to these lists can import as unsubscribed and automatically receive a DOI campaign asking them to confirm their subscription in order to receive your hotel’s promotional emails. When they click to confirm their subscription in their email, they will be marked as Double Opt-in for their subscription status and then be redirected to your Double Opt-in Landing Page.
Here's a link to our detailed help desk article on how to setup a campaign that gets sent automatically when a user is added to your Double Opt-In contact list.
When it comes to receive double opt-in campaigns, a series of rules need to be met. Please keep these in mind if you're testing your contact list/campaign flow or if someone is reporting that they haven't received an email.
1. The guest profile should not be in the contact list already. If a profile already exists and is associated with your DOI contact list, Revinate's system will not send the campaign to that person.
2. The guest profile status should not be DOI.
3. Deleting a guest profile from the contact list is not enough (please make sure to remove profile from the list as well as delete the entire profile). To do so, go to the guest profile, and to the left hand side of the page, click actions, then delete.
4. Before deleting a guest profile (in case that you want to re-test), you have to change a guest status to “Unsubscribed” (If it stays as DOI, this will be applied to the next time the same contact is uploaded). To change a guest status to unsubscribed, select "Guest Database" from the "Guests & Segments" drop-down menu, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click the "Unsubscribe a list of emails" button.
To test the flow from your web sign-up form through to receiving the campaign:
1. Use your web sign-up form to sign up. This article details how to setup your web sign-up form.
2. Wait up to 5 minutes to receive the email (and for your name to appear in the associated contact list)
If you didn't receive the email:
- Go to the guest profile and check subscription status; if it is DOI, make sure to unsubscribe the guest.
- Wait until the guest is unsubscribed; Delete the guest profile
- Wait until the guest is not searchable on your property any more (typing email address in the search bar in the Guest Database page)
- Repeat the process