Revinate has built a two way interface with Opera (OXI connection). This allows any guest-initiated subscription status changes to go back to the PMS.
Why would properties want to use this?
If a property is using multiple providers to send marketing communications, they may want to utilize this two-way interface to ensure subscribe and unsubscribe actions taken by guests are respected in both platforms.
Who can use it?
- This is part of Revinate Marketing's Enterprise package
- The property has an OXI interface
- The property must be using the [ Allow Email ] field on the guest profile in Opera in order to pass status back.
What are its limitations?
- Only property level Revinate subscription status changes will be passed back to Opera. This includes:
- Subscribe link from an email (explicit)
- Unsubscribe link from an email (unsubscribe)
- Double Opt-in link from an email (explicit)
- Opera does not support DOI status, so a DOI will be passed as subscribed
- Bulk unsubscribe on Guest Database page
- Any use of backend tools by internal Revinators to change profile statuses
- Any group level subscription status changes will not be reflected in Opera
- Any email verifier or cinder unsubscribes will not be reflected in Opera