If you are planning to switch your PMS you can start the process by filling out one of the following forms. If the hotel has Marketing or Reservation Sales products with Revinate, please fill out #1 below. Any other customers will fill out #2 below.
*Each form requires an answer to "What PMS (name and version) is this hotel switching TO?" If your PMS/Version is not listed, please do not fill out the form, but reach out to Support@revinate.com instead. In this instance, we will need to determine if we can complete an integration with the PMS that you are switching to.
**All one-time PMS Switch Fee invoices must be paid by the customer before the Implementation process will begin.
For Marketing/Reservation Sales Customers, please note the following:
- Revinate needs a minimum of 8 weeks' advanced notice to plan the right resources and set up your new integration(s)
- A list of all PMS systems we support can be found here
- Using data from two different PMS sources can result in variations in how data can be used and will show in the Revinate platform, or on any transactional emails. As an example, when switching your PMS there are some merge tag fields for confirmations emails which may no longer be available from your new PMS. If you want to check with Revinate on the available data fields for your transactional emails before planning a switch, please email us here.
- Revenue attribution within the product will be impacted as we delete duplicate future reservations, however, campaign behavior tracking will not be removed. There will likely be a loss of revenue attribution for previously sent campaigns. This is done to prevent duplication of reservations. Your future (active) reservation data is migrated to the new PMS, sending us new data. For example, if Guest A received campaign XYZ, clicked on it, and made a reservation, that revenue is attributed to campaign XYZ. When that reservation is deleted from Revinate, the tracking for send, open, and click will remain for Guest A, but you will no longer see the reservation (and thus revenue attribution) tied to Campaign XYZ.
- The customization of your interface and the importing of reservation UDFs will require a charge, which should be quoted at an hourly rate per your current, signed SOW.
The actual PMS Switch (on Revinate's side) typically will take up to 5 business days - once we get data from the new PMS provider; you can continue to use your Revinate products, but due to the lack of PMS data coming through, the following features will be impacted:
- Transactional Emails: transactional emails (confirmation, modification, cancelation campaigns) will be switched off during the PMS switch time and no emails will be sent. We recommend either switching on the PMS transactional systems or re-sending your transactional emails once the PMS switch has been completed.
- Pre-Arrival Emails: Please also disable your Pre-Arrival emails during this time - and also prepare to switch on your PMS' Pre-Arrival Emails, if possible. This is especially important if you are offering Upsells.
- Upsells: Should you choose not to disable your Pre-Arrival emails, please ensure your Upsells Call-to-Action button is disabled. Upsells should not be offered during the PMS Switch due to the change in rate/room codes.
- Recurring/Automated Emails: due to the changes in rate/codes and other data segmentation fields, Recurring/automated marketing emails might be impacted
- Ivy: During the PMS Switch Ivy will be down as no guest/reservation data is coming into the system. Automatic and manual texting of guests who have checked in before the PMS Switch period started remains possible.
For customers who do not have Marketing or Reservation Sales (i.e. all remaining customers), please note the following:
- Revinate requires a minimum of 4 weeks advance notice to provide the Services;
- The customer’s survey sends may be impacted due to the lack of available PMS data. Customers may continue to use Revinate’s Reputation Services, and manually upload guest data to send Surveys;
- The customer’s assigned Revinate Implementation Project Manager for the Services will:
- Manage stakeholder communications (Customer, PMS Provider, Revinate Integrations);
- Advise on Room Code and Language Code mapping changes, if applicable; and
- Confirm the Surveys will only be sent after a predetermined date (applicable if historical data is being transferred to the new PMS).
- Revinate will also provide the following as part of the Services:
- The timeline and details on relevant data changes at least one (1) week before the new PMS integration, including the cutover date;
- Room Code and/or Language Code changes;
- Updating Data Mappings (ex: Room Codes), if applicable; and
- Validating new PMS data
Please note that the connection to the new PMS might incur additional fees outside Revinate’s control; please discuss this with your PMS vendor as needed.
For OHIP Customers (Opera Cloud V20 or above)
- Please review this link to the Opera Cloud interface documentation which contains useful information about the PMS, setup, and data fields.
- It is important to ensure your Opera Cloud instance is OHIP-ready and that the hotel has purchased the Opera Cloud Foundation.
- To install OHIP we will need several details from your PMS instance - please review the integration readiness guide documentation and send us the details outlined on page 2.
Integrating Revinate to Opera Cloud - OHIP requires Opera business events and external publishers configuration. There are two options for you to complete this.
*Please note: If the individual completing these steps does not hold CHAIN admin access you need to make sure you know who that is, as they will need to be involved in this processAfter the business events and external publishers are configured send the following pieces of information to your Implementation Project Manager
- You may reach out to Oracle Support for 2 hours of consulting and they will assist you in this process. Please do so using the Revinate dedicated sku
- You also have the option to do it yourself. HERE is the article to walk you through the process should you choose to manage the setup. If you choose to complete this process on your own, please take screenshots during the process and send them to your Implementation Project Manager once complete
- PMS Live Since:
- External System Code (created during the event and publisher set up):
- Group / Chain / tenant code:
- Property / hotel code:
- Identity Portal URL:
- Opera URL:
- Oracle charges extra costs for data consumption through the OHIP interface. These costs are billed to us directly and Revinate relays these costs to the user (added on top of monthly fees). These costs are merely transferred to the user, Revinate does not make any profit on these charges. The costs are listed in the interface description.