To ensure optimal deliverability and rendering of your emails is it important to always test to make sure every parameter in the campaign looks correct and is working properly. This is especially important for Upsell campaigns as you will want to make sure your landing page and curated options look the way you would like them to.
Once you have setup your Upsells by creating the Upsell landing page, created the pre-arrival campaign, and linked it with Upsell call-to-action, the last step is testing the pre-arrival campaign, and Upsell landing page in a live environment.
Steps for Testing your Pre-Arrival Upsells Campaign
- Create a test segment with the parameters of Email Address>Domain is>@revinate.com.
- Duplicate your finalized pre-arrival campaign. This will launch the campaign creator.
- Choose the campaign type as “Confirmation” and choose Upsells (same as original Pre-Arrival) and go through the campaign creation flow until you reach the choose-a-segment stage.
- For segmentation, choose the segment you created earlier using the parameters of email domain is attached to “@revinate.com”. Attach this segment to the “Test” campaign, and schedule it as a confirmation campaign.
You will now be able to locate these campaigns in any upcoming arrival guests Rich Guest Profile, as a Confirmation campaign.
- Open an upcoming guest profile, click on the “Resend” button, and manually add the email addresses you would like to send this Pre-Arrival campaign too in order to test it. This should be your own email address or a group email address if multiple people would like to view and test the email.
The campaign will go out as a live send and you will be able to see the actual rendering, open the landing page and see the display as an actual guest would.
Note: DO NOT “submit” any Upsell requests as these will trigger notifications to the guest email.