A UTM is a snippet of text added to a link’s code that help you track the performance of campaigns and content. Add UTM codes to all of your links, buttons and images for best results. Set up your UTM code using Google’s Campaign URL Builder and know more about your guest’s engagement with your marketing communications.
The URL below shows the UTM code highlighted in purple.
That this link is showing is that the traffic to the site should be attributed to Revinate. The “medium” by which the guest arrived at the page is vis email and the “source” of this is Revinate. Note that anything after the “?” will not change the destination page. Using Google’s Campaign URL Builder will lead you through these parameters and explain more.
- UTM links only track “link conversions” from your email marketing campaigns.
- UTM links can track visits to a Brand’s site.
- If a guest opens your email, decides to book later in the day, by directly going on the website this will not get captured or tracked by Google Analytics.
- If a guest calls the hotel on the phone and books, this is not tracked by Google Analytics.
Create exclusive offers and use a unique booking code for Revinate to track conversions. Add UTM code to all links, buttons and images and make sure you check all links by sending out a test email and make sure they are redirecting to the correct landing pages.
Link your buttons and images
- Select your button or image
- In the module editor under URL select EXTERNAL
- Add you link with UTM code here
- See image below.
Google Analytics Set Up
Use Google’s Campaign URL Builder to add campaign parameters to your URLs so as to track campaigns in Google Analytics. Simply fill out the required fields as demonstrated in the image below. The URL builder will automatically update as you add parameters. Once all fields are complete a full campaign URL will be generated. Copy the URL (or convert it to a short link) and add is as a link to your campaign content, buttons or images.