As of September 2020, we have opened the doors to our new email composer that includes upgraded functionality designed to help:
- Increase your ability to customize emails so you can design to your vision with fewer restrictions
- Decrease the time it takes to create emails and templates so you can get back to everything else on your plate
Considering upgrading to the enhanced composer? This article includes everything you need to know including:
- What are the new enhancements?
- How do I use the new features?
- How does the upgrade impact my existing campaigns?
- How do I upgrade to the new composer?
- What does it mean if I choose not to upgrade to the new composer?
1. What are the new enhancements?
- Drag and drop modules with a variety of columns and rows so you can easily customize your layout
- Option to add text, images, buttons and more within each row
- Desktop and mobile views and editors so you can finalize both layouts before advancing to the formal preview
- Insert and map dynamic content (read more about this here)
- Deliver 1:1 communications (read more about this here)
- Undo/Redo (initiate via keyboard shortcuts or a button in the editor)
- Image editing within the email composer (crop, resize, rotate)
- Add social buttons in just one click
- Add videos that link directly to your YouTube or Vimeo account
Coming soon: Up next we will be adding UTM tracking functionality to the new composer. This is expected to be live Fall 2021.
2. How do I use the new features?
Easily create and customize new emails
Edit images within the new composer
Shift between Desktop and Mobile editors
Select modules to design the layout of your choosing
Never lose your work with Undo/Redo
3. How does the upgrade impact my existing campaigns?
Opting into the enhanced email composer comes with a few restrictions that you should be acutely aware of.
What to know about making the switch:
- Upon communicating your request to opt-in to the enhanced composer by emailing email@example.com, you will receive a confirmation email in response stating that you have been upgraded to the enhanced composer. From that point on, you will have access to the enhanced composer in your account -- where you will create and schedule all new emails going forward.
- If you have existing campaigns that are running or scheduled to go out in the future via the original composer, they will continue to run on that composer as is, without interruption.
- You will be able to stop those campaigns after you make the switch to the enhanced composer, but you will no longer have the option to edit, duplicate or re-start them.
- Instead, if you would like to adjust pre-scheduled campaigns, you will need to recreate the emails/campaigns in the enhanced editor and run them from there going forward.
- Emails and templates that exist in the original composer will not be auto-imported to the enhanced composer. You will need to re-create them manually in the enhanced composer.
- You will have the ability to view templates that exist on the original composer so that you can easily recreate them using the enhanced composer.
4. How do I opt-in to upgrade?
To opt-in to the enhanced composer, please follow the steps below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to opt-in your account to the enhanced email composer. Please use the subject line “Composer upgrade request.”
- Our support team will be in touch shortly thereafter having reviewed your eligibility and to confirm you are aware of the implications upgrading will have on your account.
- From there, we will activate the enhanced composer across your account and it will be immediately available for you to use.
5. What does it mean if I choose not to upgrade?
- You can choose to stick with your existing email composer and both the functionality and campaigns you have access to today will remain as is for now.
- Revinate will no longer make advancements to the original email composer and will begin offering limited support. Going forward, all advancements will be directed toward the enhanced composer so we can continue building on the increased value the enhanced composer provides for our customers.
- In late 2021, Revinate will share timing for when we expect to sunset the original composer. At that time, we’ll ask you to make the switch to the enhanced composer which will be our core email tool.
Here is a video giving you a more detailed preview of our enhanced email composer, and how you can create a campaign using the new tool. More resources for this feature available here.