Our One-to-One Communication feature allows you to create and send completely customized touchpoints to your guests while ensuring brand consistency and campaign tracking.
Use this feature to:
- Send a one-time promotional code to a specific guest
- Send confirmation emails to VIP guests
- Customize upsells for specific guests
- Send emergency communications and/or other physical updates
- Send a pre-booking email
- Send an email alerting a guest that they’ve left something in their room
- Send personalized messages to high touchpoint guests from the GM
- Send any other type of individual and personalized communication to your guests
This feature is an add-on, and only available on the Revinate 2.0 Enhanced Composer. For more information on the setup and pricing please contact your Customer Success Manager or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it works
The first step is to create a variety of Automated Campaigns that will be later used for one-to-one communication with guests. This is done from the Campaign Builder:
- Click “Create Campaign”
- Click on the “Automated” category
- Click on “One-to-One Communication” on the lower left
- Name your campaign
- Choose if you’d like to enable upsells
- Click “Next” on the bottom right
- Select your template
8. Once the template loads, scroll to the bottom and click “Next” – you’ll have the opportunity to edit the template before sending it to each guest
9. Scroll to the bottom and check the box next to “I have previewed and tested my email, and I approve it for delivery.”
10. Click “Next”
11. Make sure the “Room Revenue Tracking” is set to “On” if you’d like to track the performance of this template
12. Click “Complete”
The Campaign will now show up on the Campaigns page under “Automated Campaigns”
- The status should say “On”
- The delivery should state “When Sent from Rich Guest Profile”
Once the Automated Campaigns have been created, sending must be initiated from a guest’s Rich Guest Profile by clicking on the “Direct Message” button that will appear on the top right corner of the profile when this feature is activated. This feature will allow you to communicate with guests who have unsubscribed from your marketing communications. As a precaution, Revinate will warn you that the guest has unsubscribed before allowing you to send the email. The best practice is for personalized emails to unsubscribed guests to be limited to non-marketing content.
The next step is to decide whether you want to tie the email to a specific stay. You can select a reservation from the guest profile to ensure merge tags fill correctly. You’ll also be able to identify if a booking is canceled, or you can select “none” if the email does not relate to a stay.
After selecting reservation details, you’ll have the chance to select the appropriate One-to-One Communication template you’d like to use. From there, you’ll be able to edit and customize the template to fit the needs of your guest:
Please note that these emails cannot be scheduled to be sent on a future date; they must be sent immediately.
The benefit of sending personalized, one-to-one guest emails with Revinate is that we are able to track the performance of each one, leaving behind a paper trail that makes it easy to see what was sent, to whom, when, and how it performed (if applicable).
Do One-to-One Communication emails count towards my send cap?
One-to-One Communication emails count towards, but do not respect the send cap. For example, if the send cap is one email per week and the guest received an email yesterday, we won’t stop them from getting the personalized email today. However, this personal email will count towards the send cap, so they will not receive a promotional email tomorrow, even if they are in the segment.
Who will have access to the “Direct Message” button on guests’ Rich Guest Profiles in my account?
Based on early customer feedback, we decided to limit access to the account Administrator and Content Manager users. Staff users will not be able to see the button, nor send One-to-One Communication emails.
How can I ensure multiple confirmation emails are not sent to a guest for the same booking?
In this case, our Professional Services team can help you create a “default” segment and confirmation email for people who are “NOT VIP.” From there, they would exclude anyone who “IS VIP.” This is easy to do if you use a rate code, market code, or other code in your PMS to identify these guests.
In addition, the Rich Guest Profile of a guest will display any One-to-One Communication emails as sent campaigns, so you’ll be able to see if this or a regular transactional campaign has been sent.
If I am sending a personalized email to a merged profile with multiple email addresses, which email does it use?
For now, we use the primary email in the merged profile, as that is the main email associated with the Rich Guest Profile. In the future, we will allow users to select from all merged emails on the profile.