Best Practices: Starting with Ivy
Ask every guest for their mobile number at check-in.
- Ivy can’t text anyone if she does not have a valid mobile phone number to reach!
- “Hi there, welcome to the hotel. Here is all your check-in information. By the way, you have access to our hotel’s virtual text concierge Ivy - what is the best mobile number to reach you at?”
Brag that you’re text friendly!
- "Our hotel offers a virtual guest concierge, Ivy! You can make housekeeping requests, ask about local information, or provide us feedback. What's the mobile phone number that Ivy can reach you at?"
- "We can send you the wifi password over text; what is your cell phone so I can get this sent to you?"
Set your notifications
- For the best results with Ivy, you'll want to make sure to have your notifications appropriately set — after all, you'll want to make sure you know when guests have sent a message.